Welcome to sweet Caroline's blogspot! For almost two years now, Caroline has been the spotlight of my bragging in the blog. Her only child status has changed and Caroline is getting a baby brudder! Rather than write two blogs, I am changing the name to include new bubby Ben! What a blessing these two children are in my life!
Tuesday, February 05, 2013
Sick Little Girl
On Friday, Caroline and I made Mommy birthday cupcakes and a cake for her birthday on Sunday. Caroline enjoyed eating the stray sprinkles as I put them on the cake. After we ate lunch, Caroline just wouldn't give up, she wanted a kuu-caake. Curious as to how they tasted myself, I split one with her! The stinker didn't like the texture of the cake and quickly spit it out. The icing was her favorite as she licked it smooth off! (I'm guessing the texture wasn't to her liking. I thought it was pretty good!)
When Mommy came home from school, we s'prized her and lit a candle on a cupcake. Caroline (Mommy) blew it out and made a wish. Caroline enjoyed the excitement and couldn't stop asking for caaake.
What was supposed to be a festive birthday weekend for Mommy turned somber as Caroline suddenly became ill. She developed a fever, and began to cough and wheeze with each breath. As Sunday wore on, her temp went higher and her cough was frightening. Mommy and I gave her a tepid bath to cool her off and she seemed to enjoy the quick soak. As the evening went on, Caroline's temp went quite high, prompting Mommy and Daddy to take her to the hospital. After several test, x-rays, and swab, the diagnosis was bronchitis. The Dr gave Caroline a shot and some prescriptions and they went home.
Mommy stayed home from school Monday to take care of Caroline and rest a bit before her own Dr appointment at 3:30. Mommy sent me a message after her appointment. Ben had turned and is now in the correct position! The news was the answer to many prayers for Mommy and Ben! Now, we have to work on getting big sister well so we can welcome lil baby Ben home...hopefully soon!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment